Middle school is a whole different world than elementary school! Both you and your student need to seek out information and find new ways to stay connected and involved. Staying in touch with your child’s education and their world at school will help them to be successful. Use resources such as Parent Connect and School Messenger, the school website, the PTSA website, the online daily bulletin, to find ways to be involved at the school.
For more frequent PTSA news, please consider joining our Facebook group.
The Strengthening Families Program is here!
Strengthening Families is a seven week program offered on Tuesdays from 5:30 – 8:00pm on the following dates: October 11, 18, 25, & November 1, 8, 15, 22. Dinner will be served to your family and free childcare is provided for children under 10.
Enrollment limited to 15 families!
$5 per family per session or $35 for 7 week class Scholarships available ~ Just ask!
To register: Click HERE to complete the online form
PROGRAM OVERVIEW –
HELP YOUR YOUTH:
- Prepare for the teen years
- Strengthen family communication
- Avoid problems with drugs and alcohol
- What to expect from their adolescent children
- Over a dozen tools for effectively parenting teens
- How to set limits and show love during the pre-teen and teen years
- How to resist peer pressure
- How to handle angry feelings and manage stress
- How to choose positive friends
- Appreciation for their parents
- Have fun playing games & doing activities together
- Discuss what makes your family strong
- Solve problems together